Forum GLT.PL Strona Główna
GLT.PL
FAQ  FAQ   Szukaj  Szukaj   Użytkownicy  Użytkownicy   Grupy  Grupy
Rejestracja  ::  Zaloguj Zaloguj się, by sprawdzić wiadomości

Napisz nowy temat  Odpowiedz do tematu
 [ NEWS ] What is CS? « Zobacz poprzedni temat :: Zobacz następny temat » 
Autor Wiadomość
sohaibkhalid614
PostWysłany: Wto Lip 02, 2019 9:21 am    Temat postu: What is CS? Odpowiedz z cytatem

Bit
Bit

A dis­cus­sion of the terms “‍com­puter sci­ence‍”, “‍com­puter engi­neer­ing‍”, “‍informa­tion technol­ogy‍”, “‍informa­tion sys­tems‍”, “‍soft­ware engi­neer­ing‍”, and “‍programming‍”.

One of the prob­lems fac­ing the the comput­ing commu­nity is its name(s). In my work with high school teach­ers who teach comput­ing classes I have become acutely aware of just how huge a prob­lem this is. Every­thing from keyboard­ing to network admin­is­tra­tion to soft­ware engi­neer­ing are included under the umbrella “‍comput­ing‍” or, sadly, some­times “‍com­puter sci­ence‍”. Which means that it is hard to convince a school that is teach­ing some­thing like a Cis­co/Mi­crosoft­/Nov­el­l/O­r­acle cer­tifica­tion program that they should also teach an aca­d­e­mic course on comput­ing principles.

This prob­lem means that it is not really pos­si­ble to give “‍the‍” def­i­n­i­tion of var­i­ous comput­ing ter­ms. In par­tic­u­lar, it is quite common for everyone to claim that the most the­o­retic term, com­puter sci­ence, applies to them­selves. I will out­line the way that CS the­o­rists seem to me to most often use common terms for compu­ta­tion-related dis­cip­lines as an introduc­tion to the way I will use the terms in this blog. I may, occa­sion­ally, fall into the common habit of using CS to refer to a con­glom­er­ate of comput­ing fields; indeed, that usage is becom­ing common enough it may be here to stay.
atheletegear
PostWysłany: Czw Lip 18, 2019 12:19 pm    Temat postu: Odpowiedz z cytatem

Bit
Bit

it is nice info you have shared
Napisz nowy temat  Odpowiedz do tematu Strona 1 z 1

Skocz do: